Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

• Anmelden

wcf.user.register.welcome

Montag, 14. März 2005, 09:06

zum Thema "Gandalf-overpowered" !!!

Connor und ich haben mal nen Test gemacht.

Gandal (Level 10) vs. Aragorn (Level 10)

Alle Specials erlaubt, keine Einschrenkung.

Fazit: Gandalf hat nicht den Hauch einer Chance. Aragorn schlägt 4 mal zu und das wars. Nicht mal Heilung wird von ihn benötigt...

soviel zum Thema "overpowered"

Hexo

Administrator

• »Hexo« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Beruf: Nervsack

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 14. März 2005, 09:47

Jo, hast ja recht. Ich hab es ja auch schon gemerkt. Die sollen den scheiß einfach so lassen wie es ist und die bösen Units stärken... (Nazguls usw.) :teach
PC: F-Secure Internet Security
Notebook: F-Secure Internet Security

Hexo

Administrator

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 14. März 2005, 10:21

Vorabinfos zum Patch 1.2

EA Aaron im BFME.org Forum zu dem Patch 2 ( Balancing)

Ladies and Gentlemen, my weekly roundup report of the week is finally here. I must say that the issues which I initially raised are largely unchanged, but also becoming more focused. We are deep in to the process behind patch 1.02 and take your feedback seriously. As I always say, my feedback is a combination from http://www.me-me.com and http://www.bfme.org. Both sites are unique and have various types of players which permeate each, that is very important to realize when understanding the biggest issues at hand:

Gandalf 1-hit-kill Istari Light against all the Nazgul-Aside from any other smaller Gandalf issues, this is the creme of the crop.

Witch-King / Nazgul are underpowered - Let me reiterate a crucial strategic point here that I feel many novice to intermediete players do not understand yet. These creatures are UNIT/Monster killers, not Hero killers. These creatures should be used to destroy hordes of units with a deadly force and not aimed at killing someone like Gandalf, unless you have all 3 and can swoop down on him at least a few times.

-Cost+effectiveness is highly important
-Should be stronger and faster
-Not as susceptible to fire arrows
-New abilities are not considered right now. More important to balance the game at hand

Isengard Pikemen over-powered against infantry

-Understand the concern on this issue and it is being addressed. A balance on these units should help to further balance all the sides together.

Mordor is too weak overall - Again, on the strategy of Mordor I am not fully convinced they are as weak as many consider them to be. Advanced players seem to understand how to use this side, especially early in the game.If the Nazgul and Gandalf are balanced appropriately then players see Mordor as a stronger sides

-Mumakil/Trolls are too suspectible to fire arrows
-Only side without a late devastating attack

Strenghth of fire arrows deserves investigation

-Understand many feel they are bit too powerful.

Gondor walls and archer towers are impenetrable, especially when upgraded with the Numernor Stoneworker

-Cost to repair walls is too cheap and they rebuild far too quickly
-Community would like Gondor defense examined in order to promote more sieging battles from the Forces of Dark

Hero Concerns - Boromir / Faramir / Saruman

Boromir/Faramir-Feel like duplicate heroes
-Borormir is slow and needs a stronger attack
-A lvl10 Pippine does more damage than a lvl 10 Boromir
-cost+effectiveness does not match that of Lurtz

-If Gandalf is weakened, the community would like these two heroes strengthened to balance out

Saruman-Overall too weak for cost
-No respect when compared to Gandalf
-Spells should recharge faster and last longer
-Better speed and armor

Evenstar Heal is too powerful and cheap-This is a very concerning issue to the community, but also to advanced players and our team here. Adjusting this power is not nearly as easy as one would think. We are investigating, but I do not suspect a significant change here for patch 1.02. Not overruled, just border line right now.

Gondor Cavalry vs Rohirrim needs investigating

If an issue is not mentioned above, it is because we have already taken it into consideration and it is not considered a heated issue for patch 1.02. The community would like a lot of little changes, but at the end of the day, the majority feel this game is very well balanced and needs some tweaks here and there. Having said that, it is important to focus on the biggest issues. If new ones arise that gain a lot of popularity, certaintly they will take higher priority.

Also, in reference to the memory leak, game.dat, LAG, all known technical bugs which still exist, and other smaller technical features you guys have requested, I have taken these to high priority. The above issues are specifically related to the subject of BALANCE. All technical reccomendations and features are welcome to the forum, but this roundup is purely for balance issues.

I also recognize the difference between novice and advanced player comments and can assure you we are taking that all into account and will not make a change if it doesn't make sense for all levels of play.

Deutsche Übersetzung von einem Typen von Sum-Fanpage:

Meine Damen und Herren, mein wöchentlicher zusammenfassender Bericht der Woche ist endlich da.Ich muss sagen, dass die Themen, welche ich anfangs erwähnt habe, größtenteils unverändert sind, aber nun klarer werden.Wir sind tief in der Entwicklung von Patch 1.02 und nehmen euer Feedback ernst. Wie ich immer sage, ist mein Feedback eine Kombination von http://www.me-me.com und http://www.bfme.org. Beide Seiten sind einmalig und haben verschiedene Arten von Spielern (den Rest nicht verstanden,sry)

Gandalfs 1-Treffer-Killer Licht der Istari gegen die Nazgul-Seite ist von allen
anderen kleineren Gandalf Themen das wichtigste

Hexenkönig/Nazgul sind zu schwach - Lasst mich einen entscheidenen strategischen Punkt wiederholen, den, wie ich finde, viele Anfänger und fortgeschrittene Spieler noch nicht verstehen. Diese Kreaturen sind Einheiten/Monster Killer, keine Helden Killer. Die Kreaturen sollten dazu genutzt werden, um Horden von Feinden mit einer tödlichen Kraft zu zerstören und sollten nicht darauf ausgerichtet sein um jemanden wie Gandalf zu töten, es sei denn ihr habt alle 3 und könnt auf ihn herunterstürzen, wenigstens ein paar mal.

-Kosten + Effektivität sind sehr wichtig
-Sollten stäker und schneller sein
-Nicht so anfällig gegen Feuerpfeile
-Neue Fähigkeiten werden im Moment nicht in Betracht gezogen.

Isengart Lanzenträger sind zu stark gegenüber Infanterie

-Verstanden dieses Thema betreffen und zur Kenntnis genommen. Ein Ausgleich dieser Einheiten sollte helfen um alle Seiten weiter anzugleichen

Mordor ist allgemein zu schwach - Wieder, die Strategie von Mordor betreffen, bin ich nicht überzeugt, dass sie so schwach sind, für wie sie manche halten.Fortgeschrittene Spieler scheinen zu verstehen wie man diese Seite benutzt, besonders im frühem Spiel. Wenn die Nazgul und Gandalf angepasst angeglichen werden, dann sehen Spieler Mordor als die stärkere Seite.

-Mumakils/Trolle sind zu anfällig gegenüber Feuerpfeilen
-Die einzige Seite ohne eine späte verheerende Attacke

Stärke der Feuerpfeile verdient eine Überprüfung

Gondor Wälle und Bogenschützentürme sind unbezwingerbar, besonders wenn sie mit dem Numernor Steinwerk verbessert worden sind

-Kosten um Wälle zu reparieren sind zu billig und der Wiederaufbau viel zu schnell
-Community will Gondor-Verteidigung geprüft haben, damit mehr Belagerungskämpfe von den dunklen Kräften geführt werden (bin mir hier nicht ganz sicher)

Helden betreffend - Boromir/Faramir/Saruman

Boromir/Faramir
-Ähneln sich zu sehr
-Boromir ist langsam und benötigt eine stärkere Attacke
-Ein Level 10 Pippin macht mehr Schaden als ein Level 10 Boromir
-Kosten und Effektivität entsprechen nicht denen von Lurtz

-Wenn Gandalf geschwächt wird, will die Community eine Verstärkung dieser beiden Helden um einen Ausgleich zu schaffen

Saruman
-Überhaupt zu schwach für diese Kosten
-Kein Respekt, wenn er mit Gandalf verglichen wird
-Zauber sollten sich schneller aufladen und länger andauern
-Bessere Geschwindigkeit und Rüstung

Heilung ist zu stark und billig. Dies ist ein sehr interessantes Thema für die Community aber auch die fortgeschrittenen Spieler und auch für unser Team. Eine Äderung dieser Kraft ist nicht so einfach, wie man vielleicht denken würde. Wir überprüfen das, aber ich vermute hier keine bedeutende Änderung für Patch 1.02.

Gondor Kavallerie vs Rohirrim braucht Untersuchung

Wenn ein Thema oben nicht erwähnt wurde, ist das weil, wir es bereits schon in Betracht gezogen haben und wir es ist nicht als ein hitziges Thema
betrachten für Patch 1.02. Die Community will viele kleine Veränderungen,
aber am Ende des Tages, denkt die Mehrheit, dass das Spiel gut ausbalanciert ist nur einige Kniffe hier und dort braucht. Wie bereits erwähnt, ist es wichtig sich auf die größten Themen zu konzentrieren. Wenn neue entstehen, die eine Menge an Aufsehen gewinnen, werden diese sicher höhere Präorität haben.

Außerdem, betreffend des Speicherlecks, game.dat, LAG, alle bekannten technischen Bugs, welche immer noch existieren und andere kleinere technische Features, die ihr gemeldet habt, habe ich hohe Präorität gegeben. Die oberen Themen stehen im Zusammenhang mit dem Balancing. Alle technischen Sachen und Features sind
im Forum willkommen, aber diese Zusammenfassung ist nur für die Balancing-Themen.

Ich bemerke außerdem den Unterschied zwischen anfänger,- und fortgeschrittenen Spieler-Kommentaren und ich kann euch versichern wir nehme sie alle zur Kenntnis und werden keine Änderungen vornehmen, wenn sie nicht für alle Stufen
der Spieler Sinn machen.

Ohne Gewähr

Mhhh mal schaun :kaffee

Montag, 14. März 2005, 13:00

ja, kannst dumm aus der wäsche schaun, denn die machen ehh nichts...
aber :wayne
Ich hab genug Sex, denn mein Leben fickt mich jeden Tag.

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, God made me pretty, What happened to you?

Die Furchtsamen verharren reglos, fest im Griff ihrer Ängste, während sich ein Mann allein den "Furien" stellt.

Montag, 14. März 2005, 22:06

ach :wayne

entweder es bleibt einigermaßen fair oder ich zocke es nicht mehr...

oh, ein reim

Montag, 14. März 2005, 22:10

hmm, so löst EA auch ihr server problem, man macht das spiel so scheisse, dass es keiner mehr spielen will, und viola, muss man sich nicht um das server management kümmern, eigentlich clever

Die Furchtsamen verharren reglos, fest im Griff ihrer Ängste, während sich ein Mann allein den "Furien" stellt.

Hexo

Administrator

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 14. März 2005, 23:04

Zitat

Original von Dr4x

hmm, so löst EA auch ihr server problem, man macht das spiel so scheisse, dass es keiner mehr spielen will, und viola, muss man sich nicht um das server management kümmern, eigentlich clever

Stimmt. :respekt Könntest direkt bei denen Anfangen. Kennst ja schon die ganze Strategie von denen :mrgreen:

Dienstag, 15. März 2005, 08:44

der ist ein spion von EA und hat sich grade geouted...

Dienstag, 15. März 2005, 09:03

oh nein, ich wurde entdeckt! :axe: waaahhhhh

Freitag, 15. April 2005, 08:14

also, laut EA ist der Patch 1.02 nun in der Testphase... wenn kein schlimmen Fehler mehr aufteten, sollte das Teil Ende nächster Woche erscheinen...

mal abwarten

Montag, 18. April 2005, 08:49

so, jetzt gibt es ne liste zu den balance änderungen für den patch 1.02.
sieht so aus als müßte man seine strategien ganz neu überdenken...

BALANCE CHANGES FOR PATCH 1.02

Gandalf's Istari Light, as either Gandalf the Grey or Gandalf the White, no longer kills flying units with one attack.

Pikemen Heavy Armor upgrade reduced in order to make infantry units a viable counter to them.

Nazgul armor slightly lowered.

Saruman's Fireball does more damage to hero units.

Saruman now gains Leadership as a default ability.

Nazgul normal speed increased slightly.

Nazgul swoop speed increased significantly.

Fire Archer damage intended to hit the Isengard mine doesn’t increase with every level up.

Eomer’s Spear Throw now hits correctly and does proper damage.

Rohirrim and Archer Rohirrim had their hitpoints reversed. Fixed.

The Catapult’s “Release the Prisoners” toggle no longer damages friendly structures.

Theoden now properly receives the Elven Gifts upgrade.

Flying units can no longer be immobilized by Lurtz’s Cripple Strike.

Fixed an exploit that allowed players to move their worker units (Townsman, Orc Laborer, etc) anywhere on the map by “pushing” them with another friendly unit.

Fixed an exploit that allowed Merry, Frodo, Sam, and Pippin to throw two rocks at once.

Mumakils now properly damage castle walls and Ent Moots.

Saruman no longer retains control of a horde of units if he had cast Domination on them after their banner carrier had died.

Heroes no longer gain experience if they’re standing next to an Uruk-hai horde that’s using the Bloodthirsty ability.

Mountain Trolls gain an extra armor bonus at level 2.

Warg Heavy Armor upgrade increased slightly against normal and flame damage, and reduced slightly against hero damage.

The amount of fire damage that the Mumakil requires before it rampages has been increased significantly.

Heal reset timer increased from 2 minutes to 3 minutes.

Gandalf can only get Shadowfax when upgraded to Gandalf the White.

Build time for Gondor and Rohan castle wall upgrades now doubled.

Freezing Rain reset timer increased from 3 minutes to 4 minutes.

Darkness reset timer reduced from 10 minutes to 4 minutes.

Cloud Break reset timer reduced from 6 minutes to 5 minutes.

When upgraded with fire arrows, the Gondor Ranger’s pierce damage is now equal to his pierce damage without fire arrows.

Theoden's mounted speed increased to match that of the Rohirrim.

Gondor’s summoned Rohirrim now come already upgraded with Shields and Heavy Armor.

Boromir and Faramir have slightly more hitpoints.

Faramir has slightly more armor.

Faramir now receives the proper armor type when mounted.

Fixed a bug that limited the armor bonus that Gondor Knights received when fully upgraded. They are now tougher when fully upgraded.

Orc Fighters armor increased slightly.

Ent armor resistance to pierce damage dropped slightly.

Elven Warriors and Tower Guards no longer receive a bonus damage from nearby Leadership.

Elven Warrior armor increased significantly.

Gondor Forge now upgrades to level 2 after earning 750 credits instead of 1200.

Gondor Reinforced Gate upgrade cost raised to 1200 credits from 750.

Gondor Numenorean Stonework upgrade cost raised to 2500 from 2000.

Gondor Keep/Battle Tower Arrow upgrade cost raised to 3000 from 2000.

Gondor Banner upgrade cost raised to 600 from 300.

Gondor Fire Arrows upgrade cost raised to 800 from 500.

Gondor Forged Blades and Heavy Armor upgrade cost raised to 800 from 400.

Gondor Ranger armor lowered significantly.

Elven Warriors with bows equipped are now crushable.

Elven Warriors with swords equipped are now slower and do more damage against cavalry units.

Montag, 18. April 2005, 08:56

achso, hier noch der Link für die gesammte Meldung rund um den Patch...

klick

Moolder

Fortgeschrittener

Beruf: Kartograph

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 20. April 2005, 11:17

Laut MiddleEarth-MW soll der patch heute erscheinen, ....bin ja echt mal gespannt, ...

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

1.02 Patch out Tomorrow!

From EA to you:
I just got confirmation that Patch 1.02 for The Battle for Middle-earth was officially approved and we are going live TOMORROW!

Please note that I will be posting very important and vital news on our official website with regards to the clarification on the Read Me file and balance issues, and some clarification on the new disconnect rules. You will need to go to our official site to see the most up to date and accurate list of changes. I know there was some confusion this past weekend over the balance changes posted and I have made those amends on the official site. That will be live tomorrow as soon as the patch is.

The Gamespy ladders will be reset tomorrow afternoon as well. I will have confirmation for you when that happens. Just a reminder, it will be the same type of ladder reset that we did last time. You will keep your W/L record and your match history. To get back on the ladder, you will just need to log on and play a 1v1 or 2v2 match on either ladder.

We are planning an early afternoon lunch time release of the patch. IF ANYBODY IN YOUR COMMUNITY EXPERIENCES PROBLEMS AUTO-UPDATING, PLEASE REFER THEM TO OUR FTP SITE FOR THE MANUAL DOWNLOAD.

Call the troops back in, a new day in the world of The Battle for Middle-earth begins tomorrow. Thank you for being very patient for patch 1.02.
All our waiting has ended, tomorrow is when we'll be getting the new patch!

Quelle

Mittwoch, 20. April 2005, 14:37

kommt der jetzt morgen raus oder was? ???

Mittwoch, 20. April 2005, 14:48

der kommt heute !!! ein specher von EA hat das bestätigt. eine uhrzeit wurde nicht genannt...

Hexo

Administrator

• Nachricht senden

Mittwoch, 20. April 2005, 23:17

Laut www.HDR-inside.de kommt der Patch um ca 1:00 Uhr heute nacht...

Donnerstag, 21. April 2005, 08:22

hab das teil mal gezogen. kann nur den autoupdate des games empfehlen. hab den eben um etwa halb acht geladen. hat incl. install noch keine 5 min gedauert...

heut abend vieleicht mal antesten... Aber erst mal AvP kaufen !!! :axe:

Moolder

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 21. April 2005, 08:59

AvP ??

Müssen eigentlich beide Gegenspieler den Patch haben, dass er funktioniert.Oder hat der eine dann noch die alten Einstellungen, wenn er den patch nicht drauf hat??
Wäre ja interessant zu wissen, gerade beim online spielen, .....

Donnerstag, 21. April 2005, 09:07

AvP= Alien vs. Predator

Moolder

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Donnerstag, 21. April 2005, 09:12

ok, und die zweite frage??

Lesezeichen: